Deakin’s Civil Engineering program gives you the building blocks to plan, design, construct and maintain the infrastructure systems that are necessary for our everyday lives such as roads, airports and railways; water supply and sewerage systems; water resources management; and buildings.
SEJ101 Design Fundamentals (2 credit points)
SEB101 Engineering Fundamentals
SIT199 Applied Algebra and Statistics
SEJ103 Materials Engineering Project (2 credit points)
SIT107 Cyber-Physical Computing Design Project (2 credit points)
SIT194 Introduction to Maths Modelling
SIT172 Programming for Engineers
SIT122 Robotics Studio
SIT232 Object-Oriented Development
SIT210 Embedded Device Development
SIT209 Software Engineering Practice 1 (2 credit points)
SIT202 Computer Networks
SIT214 Cyber-Physical Security
For Year 3 and Year 4 subjects, refer to WWW.DEAKIN.EDU.AU
English (IELTS Score: 6)
- Deakin is ranked in the top 1% of universities globally by the Academic Ranking of World Universities 2018.
- This rating indicates world-class facilities, research and teaching, as well as employability, innovation and inclusiveness.
- Ranked as one of the world’s top 50 universities under 50 years.
- Deakin has been rated first in Victoria for student satisfaction for nine consecutive years (Australian Graduate Survey (2010–15) and QILT Student Experience Survey (2016–18)).
- Deakin was awarded a 5-star rating by the prestigious university ranking organisation Quacquarelli Symonds (QS). The rating indicates that Deakin is world-class in a broad range of areas, and has cutting-edge facilities and is internationally renowned for its research and teaching.
- With over 40 years of experience as one of Australia’s leading tertiary education providers, Deakin has won numerous awards and teaches over 53,000 students each year
Unique when following the STEM Degree through RIC:
- 1 or 2 years of study in Sri Lanka
- Follow the same Curriculum prescribed at Deakin
- Overseas study transfer for 2 years for Engineering & 1 year for Biomedical
- 20% Tuition Scholarship for all STEM programmes from Deakin
- 50% Vice-Chancellor’s scholarship exclusively for an RIC student
- 60% cost savings on being an onshore student
- High profile and qualified lecturer panel both locally and internationally
- Standardised examinations