FAQ - Royal Institute of Colombo

Check your entry qualification in the Entry requirements section. If you satisfy the criteria, please consider the application process by either visiting RIC or filling in an online application form and scheduling an aptitude test
If you have obtained less than the stipulated criteria, yet are keen to follow a degree eventually, if you are 18 years or more and have 4 passes at your O/L’s and at least 1 pass at your A/L’s consider the certificate route Developed by academics at LSE. The Certificate of Higher Education (CertHE) in Social Sciences is a stand-alone qualification and a potential entry route to further undergraduate study.
Save one year in your academic career with the International Foundation Programme. Join the programme with the minimum requirement of <>, and earn a certification within a year which is on par with Cambridge/Edexcel/GCE Advance Level, or the International Baccalaureate qualification: a qualification which is recognised by many foreign Universities. It is also a great foundation to any UoL Degree programme.
Apply with pending results, follow the certificate route as your first year and switch to the Degree route of your choice.
You can choose a graduate entry route and only cover 9 modules in 2 academic years and earn your second degree or you may opt for a Graduate Diploma, which can be a top up to your current degree. You may also consider an LLM.
If you have a foreign qualification, which is different to the listed entry requirements, you may request for a Qualification Assessment. This can be done in person, at the admissions office or online. We will assist in having your qualifications assessed for validity to enter in to the programme of your choice.
Request for a Qualification Assessment either on line or in person at the admissions office, see if we have a foundation course which may lead you on to your desire for higher studies.
Request for a Qualification Assessment either on line or in person at the admissions office, we can assess if your programme can be completed through the UoL or work through an option that could be best suited for you.